What does the word heritage mean to you? In can mean different things to different people. Essentially, heritage can refer to anything inherited from the past.
In my mind, heritage is our ancestral culture. Our connection to our ancestors and our past. The traditions that are passed down with each generation. The language of our great grandparents and our distant relatives today.
Today, I would like to step away from my usual focus on science to share with you some of my favorite Pinterest Boards for exploring cultural heritage. Amongst these diverse boards, it is my hope that you will find activities, lesson plans, and a wealth of resources to help bring your own ancestry to life.
Family History & Genealogy
- Eva Varga’s Genealogy board
- Amy Stults’ Genealogy board
- Native American Culture & History ~ A collection of images and resources to explore one’s heritage.
- Native American Culture ~ Biographies, basketry, beadwork, and art.
- Homeschooling in Georgia ~ Celebrating living in Georgia – homeschooling, field trips, favorite destinations, traditions and more!
- Homeschooling in Kentucky ~ Celebrating living in Kentucky – homeschooling, field trips, favorite destinations, traditions and more!
- Geography State Studies ~ A board full of United States geography lessons for kids.
- Adventures in Catholic Faith ~ This board consists of books, quotes, images and more to inspire and share your Catholic faith.
- Faith / Catholic Culture ~ All things Catholic.
- Judeo Roots ~ Activities, recipes, and resources to share your Jewish faith with children.
- Following Christ ~ Christian topics, encouragement, quotes, etc.
- Learning About the Bible ~ A collection of bible study resources.
- Barnesklubb ~ Heritage-based learning activities exploring the diverse cultures of Scandinavia.
- Nihao. 你好。~ Learning activities to explore the culture of China.
- Africa Continent Box ~ Activities and resources exploring the cultures of Africa.
- Asia Continent Box ~ Activities and resources exploring the cultures of Asia.
- Australia Continent Box ~ Activities and resources exploring the cultures of Australia.
- Europe Continent Box ~ Activities and resources exploring the cultures of Europe.
- North America Continent Box ~ Activities and resources exploring the cultures of North America.
- South America Continent Box ~ Activities and resources exploring the cultures of South America.
- Raising Global Citizens ~ Pins from bloggers dedicated to raising global citizens: crafts, activities, recipes, and more.
- Geography Country Studies ~ Education and homeschool ideas to teach your kids country stories.
- Geography with Regional Foods ~ This board contains recipes from around the world.
- Military Homeschooling ~ Lesson plans, activities, and resources to teach youth about the military and Veteran’s Day.
- Military Family ~ All things military family
- Ideas for Military Families ~ Crafts and inspirations for military families.
- 20 Must Follow Christian Military Wives ~ A group board whereby these wonderful ladies share resources and inspiration.
How About You?
Do you have a culture, family history, or heritage board you would like to share? Please read the guidelines here and then link up below.
- Link up to 3 Pinterest boards. Make sure you use the exact URL to the board, not to your profile or index page. You can add any board sharing activities, lesson plans, and resources to explore cultural heritage. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- The linky will be live for one week (closing Thursday, July 24th at 6:00 EST).
Selena Robinson (@lookwerelearnin)
July 21, 2014 at 3:50 am
Thanks for sharing our Learning from the Bible board! 🙂
July 21, 2014 at 5:37 am
You are most welcome, Selena. Likewise! 🙂
Pingback: The Ultimate Guide to Exploring Your Ancestral Heritage - Eva Varga
Comments are closed.