Insects are so fascinating and are the most diverse group of animals on earth! There are more species of insects than there are all other species combined. Their numbers are nothing short of remarkable, both in terms of the numbers of individuals as well as the number of species.
Introductory Entomology is a great way to keep the kids engaged in meaningful and fun science activities all summer long! Everything is laid out in a simple and easy to follow manner – older kids will be able to do the lessons on their own!
Insect Lessons for Kids
In this 40-page unit study, students will be introduced to this remarkable subphylum (Hexapoda – a group commonly referred to as hexapods and whose members have six legs) through hands-on activities, real life simulations, and multi-media presentations. The six-week unit incorporates more than 10 entomology lessons for kids and suggested extension activities.
I have to admit that this unit is one of my most favorites. Kids are naturally drawn to insects and have little inhibitions for the six-legged creatures. In this unit study, I outline my favorite lessons and activities for exploring insects with your children or in your classroom.
Included in this unit study about bugs:
- Full color overview
- 11 notebooking pages
- 11 printable handouts (student reference pages)
- Detailed description of each step needed to teach every lesson
- Links for exclusive videos and access to insect data compiled
- Illustrated suggestions to build your own collecting tools
- Links for collecting supplies and printed resources
- Access to a closed Flickr group to share work and collaborate with others
- Extension activities for all lessons
- 2 long term projects
Available for only $9.90