This week it’s time to share some of the fun things you enjoy together as a family. Those favourites that you always turn to time and time again. Family rituals and pastimes are an important part of any family circle, share yours with us during this week’s hop.
As today is Thursday, I’ve opted to complete this week’s challenge in a list format to also mark my past contributions to Thursday 13 blog meme.
- Letterboxing / Geocaching
- Playing Games
- Family Walks
- Scrapbooking (my daughter and I) – To commemorate our vacations, the kiddos and I have begun to compile mini-memory boxes (or mini scrapbooks) inside Altoid tins. It is a fun way to use all the brochures we collect along the way and provides an opportunity for the kids to share what they enjoyed most.
- Traveling – The new year brought about a new tradition in our family, a surprise trip. Once each month, my husband and I surprise the kids with an excursion. Sometimes the trip is simple (Cold Stone Creamery for ice-cream or to the theater for a movie) and other times it is more complex (Great Wolf Lodge or Crater Lake National Park).
- Reading – I read a chapter book to the kiddos every evening after tucking them in to bed and the kids love cuddling up with me on the couch to read books throughout the day.
- Preparing Meals – Recently, the kids have begun to assist me in the kitchen when we prepare our meals. In fact, they are each expected to prepare a meal for the family once a week (assistance provided when necessary).
- Friday Night Movie Night – Netflix & pizza … what could be better
- Sons of Norway – We are active members in our local lodge. It is a great way to stay connected to our heritage and build life-long friendships.
- Art & Handcrafts – The kids and I love art and handcrafts and are frequently inspired by children’s books.
- Nature Study – We love getting out doors and exploring the diverse ecosystems of Oregon.