Wow! The past four weeks really flew. It is hard to believe that a month ago, we were boarding a plane en route to Quito, Ecuador – the first stop in our three week holiday in South America. We had a wonderful time and met many wonderful people along the way who touched our hearts.
I will be sharing stories of our adventures soon. I want to first sort through the photographs to select the best. With four cameras (our iPhones, my husband’s Sony NEX, the Olympus, and the GoPro), it is a little overwhelming. We shot well over 14,000 images and videos.
Galápagos Scavenger Hunt Surprise Package
We had a lot of fun shopping for the scavenger hunt surprise package. I know the Galápagos Scavenger Hunt winners are eager to see their prize package – so here it is!
I hope you all enjoy the little gifts we collected along our journey. We did our best to include things representative of each of the countries we visited.
- Tagua Nut keychain (animal varies) – Tagua nut, or vegetable ivory, is the seed of a tree similar to a palm but botanically belonging to ciclantaceus
- Galápagos woven bookmark or bracelet
- Llama magnet
- Peruvian coin
- Peruvian Ocarina flute (design varies)
- Andes Spirit “Coca & Menta” tea bag – See Inkanat for more info
- I will also enclose a CD with a selection of photographs
Galápagos Unit Study
Are you looking for a supplemental unit for your life or earth science curriculum? The Galápagos Across the Curriculum is a complete unit study integrating math, science, geography, history, language arts, and current events.