Welcome to Finishing Strong! Here, homeschooling families with middle & high school kids come together to collaborate and share tips, encouragement, and advice.
Finishing Strong is brought to you each Wednesday by the ladies at Blog She Wrote, Education Possible, Eva Varga, and Starts at Eight. Take a moment to visit each to see what posts we’ve selected as our favorites.
We are ever so thankful to each of you – our readers and contributors who help make Finishing Strong a key resource for everyone homeschooling through the middle & high school years. We hope you’ll take some time to check out the amazing posts that have been shared with us.
The holiday season is upon us and in our home our goal is to slow down and really enjoy the season. We try hard not to get caught up in the craziness and frenzy that can sometimes envelope the holidays.
One of the things I love best about the holidays is the decorating. I love to pull out the ornaments that I have collected over the years that remind me of our family travels (it is a tradition that I buy an ornament for our tree to commemorate our trips). Check out this post from my archives, Our Norwegian Christmas, for a peak at some of our other traditions.
Finishing Strong Favorites
Here are three posts I enjoyed reading last week as well as the most popular one, as always, in the #1 spot.
1. My Likes and Dislikes About the Homeschool Lifestyle by Ann at Annie and Everything
2. Cultivating Independent Learning in Your High School Student by Meredith at Sweetness-n-Light
3. 11 Great Books for Dads to Read Aloud to all Ages by Carol at Journey and Destination
4. Developing the Habit of Writing in Seven Steps by Beth at Classes by Beth
What are you going to share with us this week?
- Link up to 3 posts from your blog. Make sure you use the exact URL to the post, not to your home page. You can add any post related to homeschooling middle and high school students. Posts unrelated to that will be removed.
- Please no advertising, individual Pinterest pins, Facebook, Twitter, or other link-up links!
- Grab our button to add to your post after you link it up. Each week we will be choosing our favorite posts to highlight on all 4 sites. If you were featured, we would love for you to use the “I was featured” button.
- The linky will go live on each co-host’s blog each Wednesday at 6am EST, and will be live until Tuesday at 11:55 pm.
Add our button to your post.
Were You Featured?
Grab an “I was featured” button!
Bloggers, by linking up, you may be featured on our co-hosts’ social media pages or our Pinterest board. We may even select you to be featured in a future post!
We love people who SHARE WITH US!