Are you a homeschooling parent dealing with nagging questions? Are you struggling to find a homeschool style that works for you? Are you looking for a specific curriculum or need help figuring out what might work for your family? Maybe you need an extra set of ears and a helping brain to help you work though what your homeschool day will look like?
You have come to the right place! As a long-time homeschool blogger, seasoned homeschooling mom (we began in 2007), and certified teacher, I am often approached for homeschooling advice and assistance. I truly enjoy helping other homeschooling families navigate the often confusing, overwhelming world of homeschool.
I am available to speak to your homeschool group, charter school, and other parenting events.
As a licensed teacher, I have also collaborated with resource specialists in the development of science curriculum. My mission is to provide teachers and homeschool families with the tools and inspiration to engage their students in meaningful, hands-on science and service learning experiences through tangible curriculum, shared resources, and real-world contexts.
Speaking / Facilitator Experience:
- Project Learning Tree Facilitator, Oregon Forestry Education Program
- Solar System Ambassador, NASA Jet Propulsion Labs
- National Science Teachers Association National & Regional Conferences
- Estuary Live! Curriculum Development, South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Society of American Foresters Curriculum Development Team
Areas of Expertise
- Charlotte Mason Homeschooling
- Project-Based Learning
- Hands-on, inquiry based science education
- Nature Study
- Citizen Science
- Service Learning
- Traveling with children
- Unit Studies
- Foreign Language Instruction
- Homeschooling in Oregon and California
- Getting Started in Homeschooling
I am a 10-year veteran of homeschooling and mother of two. I own Science Logic and have written an Introductory Entomology unit study and the popular Earth Science: Our Dynamic Earth curriculum, among other titles. With a Master’s Degree in education, I often teach workshops on a variety of topics, most focusing on hands-on science and service learning.
My personal teaching style is eclectically Charlotte Mason; we have a nature-centered curriculum and use a unique blend of materials and methods suited to our lifestyle of learning. For more detailed information, you may visit my profile or Linkedin account.
Please contact me if you are interested in scheduling a speaking event or consulting appointment. Fees available upon request.